Time to get my bearings back...



Hey guys, long time no speak!

It seems like forever since I have published a post. I have countless drafts that I've started and not finished. I do really miss blogging. So, I have decided to tidy everything up, delete some posts and start again. I've been really trying to get my life into order as sometimes I feel as though I can go from day to day without doing anything overly productive. I want to be present and blogging seems like an excellent way of achieving that.

I've been trying to get healthier too. As you all know, I am overweight and I seriously needed something to change. I've been gradually losing some over last few months but not as much as I would like, so I decided to join the gym. Insert pre-workout selfie here...


I was feeling so motivated and couldn't wait to stuck in. The next day I went out with my bestie for a drink or two (or three, or four, or..) and I went downstairs to the loo and turned to talk to him, missed the top step and fell down the full flight! How embarrassing?! To top it off I broke my elbow and my wrist. So needless to say, I haven't been able to go the the gym since which is so sad. I cannot wait to get this stupid cast off and get stuck in.

(instagram: lucy_3)

So for the last 2 weeks, I have been feeling pretty sorry for myself. I haven't been able to do a lot which is so inconvenient! I can't cut up my own food, wash my own hair or even put a bra on. Luckily, my fabulous housemate and best friend has helped me every step of the way and I really feel like it's getting stronger now! A few days ago I decided to have a bit of a word with myself and came to the conclusion that I'm not going to let my arm be yet another excuse for me to be lazy and eat rubbish. I walked to the fruit and veg and shop which is a 2 mile round trip (I know not too much, but it's a start) and bought some healthy bits and bobs!


I have loved writing this post and I promise I will keep it up! I did some shopping today so it might be fun to do a bit of a haul or something. Plus I've moved house so I could do a bit of a room tour, which I think can be fun and you still need to formally meet my hamster Chubby! 

Thank you for reading and of course, lots of love,

Lucy x


No comments:

Post a Comment